How do I keep employees motivated while they're working from home?
There are advantages to working remotely, such as being the comfort of your own home, being close to family, increased flexibility and in some cases increased productivity due to less distractions.
However, working remotely can sometimes stop people from getting into their usual work routine impacting motivation and productivity. Here’s some tips for your employees to boost motivation and help increase productivity for your employees.
Questions about coronavirus implications? Book your FREE 20 minute consultation with our experts. Book your FREE 20 minute consultation with a HR professional. Complete the form or call 0844 327 2293
- Make a home office that is suitably equipped, without distractions and provides easy access to the equipment and supplies needed
- Set ground rules with family or friends to ensure they do not interrupt you during working hours
- Wake up early and create a regular routine. Whilst it could be tempting to stay in bed, getting up in plenty of time and sticking to a routine should help motivation and avoid feeling overwhelmed or disorganised. Ensure tasks, regular breaks and meetings are scheduled
- Check in with colleagues. Employees can easily feel lonely when working from home so consider regular Skype or conference call facilities with colleagues and your manager
- Plan regular breaks to help stay focussed, revaluate workload and rest
- Get dressed. Wearing work clothes can boost confidence, motivation and productivity
- Eliminate distractions, for example put away a personal mobile
- Get a change of scenery for example going for a walk at lunch time
- End the day on time – avoid the temptation for work to creep into personal life