Our commitment and beliefs
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal data
- We will only collect and process your data when necessary
- We will never sell, rent or distribute or make public your personal data
- You have the right to request from us details about how we hold your data, and update your preferences at any time
- For the purposes of this Policy, “we” or “us” refers to AdviserPlus Business Solutions Ltd, the data controller.
- The AdviserPlus.com website is designed to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) that is effective from May 2018, and other related legislation.
Information Collected and How It is used
The information we collect will be used to:
- provide you with the information, products or services that you sign up to;
- carry out our obligations to you as a client for contractual purposes;
- notify you about any changes to our services that affect you as a client;
- provide you with information that you have consented to be contacted about; ensure that content from our website is presented correctly;
If any information you provide to us changes, please update via the links provided in the Job Applications and Data capture sections and we will correct, update or remove any information that we hold about you. We may however need to retain archive copies of that information for legal purposes, such as to defend a legal claim or for audit purposes, such as to monitor marketing preferences and decisions.
AdviserPlus has a legitimate interest in processing personal data when marketing its services to other businesses that is has identified has having an interest in, or benefiting from, our services. The individual contacted via marketing communications can update their preferences or opt-out at any time. At this time AdviserPlus will update or remove the data record as appropriate.
Site visitor tracking & cookies
Like most websites, this site tracks user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
We use tools including Google Analytics (GA), which although it records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to identify you, but Google do not grant us access to this.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
We also make use of other cookies, to distinguish you from other users. The different cookies we use:
Recruitment – recruit.zoho.com
CSRF_TOKEN – Recruitment security and form validation
JSESSIONID – Storing the user’s session information
PREF, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz , SID, _ga,_gat,_gid –
Providing visitor numbers, demographics ad site navigation. Click here for more on GA cookies.*
WordPress_test_cookie – Performance information collected from our website content management system.
Can I block cookies?
When will the cookies expire?
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a time period of between 30 minutes and two years.
If you apply for any vacancies through our website careers page using the form on the page, none of the data you supply will be stored by this website. All applications made via our online recruitment portal Networx are processed securely and accessed only by our Recruitment Team. For more details about our Candidate Privacy Notice click here.
If you choose to complete our contact form, enquiring about our services, this information will be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which is accessed by our sales team for processing your enquiry. We will store your information for this purpose only and will not add it to a marketing database.
If you choose to add your details to our subscription page, any information you submit in this form will be stored in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and may be used by our marketing automation system, HubSpot (third party sub-processors), to send you the information requested.
For sales and marketing purposes we will collect some or all of the following personal data – your name, job title, your company name, company address, business email address, telephone number and your areas of interest.
If you would like to change how we process your information for marketing purposes, you can update your preferences at any time here.
We will hold your data for as long as you are happy for us to hold your data, but will engage with you annually to check you are happy to be kept informed and your data held in our CRM for marketing purposes.
External website links
Third party data sub processors
We use third parties to process data on our behalf these are noted below. These third parties are subject to change:
Third Party Purpose of holding data
For website traffic monitoring & analytics reporting
For more on Google & GDPR click here.
Microsoft Dynamics (CRM)
To hold customer data for contractual purposes or to keep a record of other interested parties with whom we have a relationship and need to store their data for legitimate processing purposes.
For more on MS Dynamics & GDPR click here.
HubSpot (Marketing Hub)
To send marketing emails and for some marketing automation. We can also review the pages on our website you have visited, the buttons within the pages you have clicked and our social media accounts you have viewed.
For more on HubSpot see https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
HubSpot (Sales Hub CRM)
To hold data for marketing purposes and to keep a record of interested parties with whom we would like to communicate with for marketing and legitimate processing purposes.
For more on HubSpot see: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
Storing your personal data
Please note that where you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential and you must not disclose it to anyone.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit to our site. Once we have received your data it will be processed in line with organisational and technical measures that we have implemented to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosing your information
If we hold your personal information, we may disclose this information to any member of our Group (subsidiaries, holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006) for example sale or transfer of the business.
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to third parties but only in the following circumstances:
- If we are required to do so by the courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations, including for accounting and taxation purposes;
- Where it is necessary to provide you with information or services;
- To protect your rights, property or safety of AdviserPlus, our customers or other stakeholders (this may include sharing information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or prevention and credit risk management;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, where we need to disclose your information to the prospective buyer or seller;
- If AdviserPlus or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, where personal client information will be one of the asset transferred.
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data at any time for marketing purposes. At the point of data collection, we will give you the option to consent to marketing communications, and once opted in you will have the right to update your preferences at any time or unsubscribe from all communications. You can unsubscribe here.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation are as follows, which we will adhere to:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.If you wish to exercise these rights please let us know via the Contact Us link on the website.
If you believe that AdviserPlus has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
Data controller: AdviserPlus Business Solutions Ltd of Woodcourt, Riverside Park, Southwood Road, Bromborough, Wirral CH62 3QX.
Contact Us – Data Protection
Data protection queries should be directed to the:
Information Security Manager, AdviserPlus Business Solutions Ltd, Woodcourt, Riverside Park, Southwood Road, Bromborough, Wirral CH62 3QX. Email: email@example.com