For the purposes of this policy, “we” or “us” means AdviserPlus Business Solutions Ltd of Woodcourt, Riverside Park, Southwood Road, Bromborough, Wirral CH62 3QX and “you” means the user of the website. We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process data about you in the following ways:
- If you complete a form on our website at www.adviserplus.com, we will collect and process the information you provide. This may include information you provide at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting additional services, applying for jobs or in the event that you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us at any time, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We will retain details of any transactions you carry out through our site, including records relating to the fulfilment of any orders you place with us;
- We will also record details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access during those visits. This may include, but is not limited to, traffic and location data, web logs and any other communication data, whether this data is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise;
- From time to time we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. (Please note that you do not have to respond to our surveys if you do not wish to do so).
Updating your information
If the information you have provided us with changes, please let us know promptly, and we will correct, update or remove any information that we hold about you. We may however need to retain archive copies of that information for legal or audit purposes.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate or traffic information to our advertisers. Please note that this data is statistical only, and individuals cannot be identified from it.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. For example, they enable us to recognise you when you return to our site, to estimate our audience size and patterns of usage, to speed up your searches and to store information about your preferences. This information therefore allows us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
What type of cookies do we use?
|Cookie title||Cookie Name||Cookie purpose|
|recruit.zoho.com||CSRF_TOKEN||Security and Form validation purpose|
|recruit.zoho.com||JSESSIONID||To store session information of the user|
|Google Analytics*||PREF, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz , SID, _ga,_gat,_gid||To provide us with information about the numbers of visitors and how they reached us, they also recognise location when used with Google maps.|
|Woodpress||WordPress_test_cookie||Performance cookie collects anonymous information on the pages visited|
Can I block cookies?
When will the cookies expire?
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a time period of between 30 minutes and two years.
Storing your personal data
Please note that where you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential and you must not disclose it to anyone.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit to our site. You supply your data to us at your own risk. Once we have received it, we will use appropriate procedures and security controls to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we will use your information
The information we hold about you will be used to:
- provide you with the information, products or services that you require from us;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we have entered into with you;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your information, or allow carefully selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with details of goods and services which may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We will only contact existing customers by e-mail or SMS with information about goods and services similar to those previously sold to you.
If you are a new customer, and we have allowed selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by e-mail or SMS only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or you do not want us to pass your data on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data the order/ registration form or notify us using the Contact us section on the website.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
In certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are required to do so by the courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations, including accounting and taxation requirements;
- Where it is necessary for the provision of information or services to you;
- In order to protect the rights, property, or safety of AdviserPlus, our customers, or others. [This may include sharing information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or prevention and credit risk management];
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer;
- If AdviserPlus or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data about customers will be one of the assets transferred.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Before collecting your data, we will usually let you know if we intend to use it for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose it to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent this happening by ticking the appropriate boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your right at any time by contacting us at AdviserPlus Business Solutions Ltd, Woodcourt, Riverside Park, Southwood Road, Bromborough, Wirral CH62 3QX
Accessing your information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
If you are interested in finding out more about our HR solutions, please complete our form and a member of our team will be in touch.
Wirral Office: AdviserPlus Business Solutions Ltd, Woodcourt, Riverside Park, Southwood Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3QX, UK
Yorkshire Office: AdviserPlus Business Solutions Ltd, Salts Mill Road, Saltaire, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD17 7EZ, UK (for Sat- nav use BD17 7EJ)
Tel: +44 (0)844 327 2293
Fax: +44 (0)151 482 3295